Q.: GoPhone activation options?
tlvp
2014-07-20 16:07:35 UTC
I think I'm being tempted by the Nokia Lumia 520 at&t GoPhone's current
reduced sale price. Alas, that WinPhone 8 handset comes "locked to AT&T",
so will that mean any at&t MVNO will be able to activate it for me? Or only
a select few (and if so, which?) of them? Or only at&t itself/themselves?

And: any hints what at&t's unlock policy is? after 60 days service? after 6
months of service? at once? never? Different CS reps tell different tales.

Many thanks for helpful advice. Cheers, -- tlvp
tlvp
2014-07-31 02:20:35 UTC
Post by tlvp
I think I'm being tempted by the Nokia Lumia 520 at&t GoPhone's current
reduced sale price. Alas, that WinPhone 8 handset comes "locked to AT&T",
so will that mean any at&t MVNO will be able to activate it for me? Or only
a select few (and if so, which?) of them? Or only at&t itself/themselves?
And: any hints what at&t's unlock policy is? after 60 days service? after 6
months of service? at once? never? Different CS reps tell different tales.
Many thanks for helpful advice. Cheers, -- tlvp
Said sale may be over now, but anyway Callingmart from time to time has a
10% off offer on the GoPhone refills they sell. HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp
nospam
2014-08-04 23:52:43 UTC
Post by tlvp
I think I'm being tempted by the Nokia Lumia 520 at&t GoPhone's current
reduced sale price. Alas, that WinPhone 8 handset comes "locked to AT&T",
so will that mean any at&t MVNO will be able to activate it for me? Or only
a select few (and if so, which?) of them? Or only at&t itself/themselves?
locked at&t phones will work on at&t mvnos.

as far as the phone is concerned, it's at&t.
Post by tlvp
And: any hints what at&t's unlock policy is? after 60 days service? after 6
months of service? at once? never? Different CS reps tell different tales.
i don't know what the official policy is, but keep calling until you
get an answer you like.