AT&T's throttling, from PC World
tlvp
2012-02-20 21:26:10 UTC
AT&T's throttling, from PC World:

| AT&T Wireless Bandwidth Throttling: The Backlash Has Begun
| AT&T has begun throttling its biggest bandwidth hogs. Now (big
| surprise) customers are tearing into AT&T with complaints.

<http://lm.pcworld.com/t/3425157/6178268/289287/0/>

Cheers, -- tlvp
Drewdove
2012-02-21 22:37:42 UTC
cross-posted to include the current group.
Post by tlvp
Post by tlvp
AT&T Wireless Bandwidth Throttling: The Backlash Has Begun
AT&T has begun throttling its biggest bandwidth hogs. Now (big
surprise) customers are tearing into AT&T with complaints.
<http://lm.pcworld.com/t/3425157/6178268/289287/0/>
Cheers, -- tlvp
This brings up a good question for those of us with the lowest data tier.
Would you, when reaching your limit, rather ...

1) be throttled for the rest of the month

2) keep full speed and pay the overage fee

I have 250MB for $15 and going over costs an additional $15 for another 250.
I'd rather be throttled but then again I'm unemployed so that may change if
I get some $ coming in.

Also, when throttled do you notice the difference if you're used to getting
lousy reception and slow speeds where you use it most?

Also, what speed are you dropped to? Dial-up?
tlvp
2012-02-22 04:46:31 UTC
Post by Drewdove
I have 250MB for $15 and going over costs an additional $15 for another 250.
Horrible rates! A Polish prepaid data SIM with rights to 2 GB of data (over
a 30 day period) costs the Polish equivalent of $8 or less from Orange (PL)
with no obligation to continue.

Cheers, -- tlvp