Voicemail message icon won't go away!
Richard Fangnail
2007-03-26 22:18:52 UTC
I have a small Nokia phone with Cingular. It has a small icon that
looks like "O_O" which appears when there is a voicemail message. It
usually goes away when it's supposed to, but today it won't go away
after I erased my voicemails. If this has ever happened to you, what
can you do??

Thanks
Copper Emeritus
2007-03-26 22:31:45 UTC
Pull the battery out while the phone is on, wait about a minute and put it
back in. Should be gone then.
--
Copper Emeritus

Golf is not a matter of Life or Death,
it is MUCH more important than that!

NOTE: All outgoing mail is scanned by McAfee Virus Scan for your safety.
Thanks
Richard Fangnail
2007-03-26 22:41:35 UTC
Post by Copper Emeritus
Pull the battery out while the phone is on, wait about a minute and put it
back in. Should be gone then.
--
Copper Emeritus
Wouldn't that erase all the numbers I have stored in there??
Thanks anyway.
Copper Emeritus
2007-03-26 23:12:57 UTC
Nope. Your numbers are in your SIM card or in your phone memory. Pulling the
battery will have no effect. As a matter of fact, "They" recommend that you
re-boot your phone like this every month or two for some updates of some
sort. I do it with my families phones about once a month or when I can
remember. No bad experiences from doing it.

Thanks anyway.
cledus
2007-03-27 00:52:39 UTC
Post by Richard Fangnail
I have a small Nokia phone with Cingular. It has a small icon that
looks like "O_O" which appears when there is a voicemail message. It
usually goes away when it's supposed to, but today it won't go away
after I erased my voicemails. If this has ever happened to you, what
can you do??
Thanks
I had this happen to me a long time ago. I called my cell phone number
from a land line and left a voice mail. After it alerted me that I had
a new VM message, I retrieved the message using my cell phone. This
cleared it up.
John Navas
2007-03-27 04:37:00 UTC
Post by cledus
Post by Richard Fangnail
I have a small Nokia phone with Cingular. It has a small icon that
looks like "O_O" which appears when there is a voicemail message. It
usually goes away when it's supposed to, but today it won't go away
after I erased my voicemails. If this has ever happened to you, what
can you do??
Thanks
I had this happen to me a long time ago. I called my cell phone number
from a land line and left a voice mail. After it alerted me that I had
a new VM message, I retrieved the message using my cell phone. This
cleared it up.
That's the best method.
--
Best regards, SEE THE FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS AT
John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>
Richard Fangnail
2007-03-27 15:25:01 UTC
I tried everything suggested here to no avail. Last night I called
Cingular at 6pm and they said they would fix it, but nothing
happened. Of course I turned the phone off and on. The same thing
happened around 7pm.

At 8pm I called and this time I was on hold for 5 minutes but they
said something was wrong with voicemail in N. Calif. and to wait till
this morning. I did, and it's okay now.
Copper Emeritus
2007-03-27 18:11:08 UTC
Over the years I have noticed that problems crop up with voice mail, on
line manager, or other stuff. Even though they are a "communications"
company, Cingular does not do a very good job of notifying its customers of
the problem, whether it is local or nation wide. This could be accomplished
by a news flas on the website, or a text to affected area code phones. I
guess they don't mind hundreds of thousands of customers calling about a
problem and tying up their 611 centers.

Sometimes the best (only) solution is to just wait.

Kurt
2007-03-27 20:59:28 UTC
Post by Copper Emeritus
Over the years I have noticed that problems crop up with voice mail, on
line manager, or other stuff. Even though they are a "communications"
company, Cingular does not do a very good job of notifying its customers of
the problem, whether it is local or nation wide. This could be accomplished
by a news flas on the website, or a text to affected area code phones. I
guess they don't mind hundreds of thousands of customers calling about a
problem and tying up their 611 centers.
Sometimes the best (only) solution is to just wait.
More than a few ISPs do the same thing. In the bigger companies where
things move slowly, the best and the brightest are often afraid to
implement these sorts of things due to management and legal concerns.

Web.com had a major system-wide outage for almost 2 days for hosting
customers early last month and nothing was ever mentioned on their
support site. You had to phone to find out all their servers were down.
3Gfreak
2007-03-27 23:04:29 UTC
Post by Richard Fangnail
I have a small Nokia phone with Cingular. It has a small icon that
looks like "O_O" which appears when there is a voicemail message. It
usually goes away when it's supposed to, but today it won't go away
after I erased my voicemails. If this has ever happened to you, what
can you do??
Thanks
Simple Fix:

Call you cell phone and leave yourself another message. Then call your
voicemail with your cell phone and retrieve the messages as normal,
Press 7 to delete each message. Once you are done be sure to use the *
key to exit your voice mail. Once it disconnects watch the display and
the message waiting indicator will clear itself.

Hope this helps.
3GFreak
www.mobilevertigo.com
Feel free to post whatever you like. Open to everyone.
Richard Fangnail
2007-03-27 23:27:58 UTC
Post by 3Gfreak
Call you cell phone and leave yourself another message. Then call your
voicemail with your cell phone and retrieve the messages as normal,
Press 7 to delete each message. Once you are done be sure to use the *
key to exit your voice mail. Once it disconnects watch the display and
the message waiting indicator will clear itself.
I tried that first but it didn't help. It wasn't fixed until the next
morning. Did you read my above response?
a***@gmail.com
2017-12-02 00:22:36 UTC
Call your voicemail.
Change personal options.
Set message indicator to off.
Disconnect/hangup by the Verizon is the star key.
Go to settings icon on your phone.
Go to app setting.
Go to phone icon.
Force stop.